Mid/Senior FF&E Designer
Mid-Senior FF&E Interior Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a multi-disciplinary design office near London Bridge for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join their Interiors team as a Mid/Senior FF&E Interior Designer with a minimum of 5 years FF&E experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative FF&E Designer to work on high-end marine interior design projects, liaising with suppliers and working to a client's needs and aspirations. Project involvement is from conception through to completion, and the candidate will join projects at a variety of stages along the way to form this dynamic and fast-paced role.
Experience in delivering FF&E packages for large-scale commercial projects (e.g. hotels/cruise ships) is essential, as well as impeccable organisational, research and communication skills
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
* Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, and confidence in using an Apple Mac computer. Familiarity with navigating Vectorworks a bonus but not essential.
* An extensive understanding of finishes, furniture and lighting, with a fantastic eye for the finer details.
* Experience completing specifications to a high standard of clarity.
* An ability to interpret a brief and design schemes for a wide variety of client's tastes, brand identity or requirements.
* An ability to research for and create strong mood boards.
* An ability to create sample boards for client presentations.
* An understanding of controlling budgets, as well as an enjoyment of "problem solving" and fulfilling proposed concepts within budget.
* An ability to work as part of a larger team, but also independently on projects where required.
* An ability to hit the ground running and be self motivated, supported by their previous experience taking ownership of the FF&E on projects.
* Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, for succinctly communicating concepts and information to a variety of people involved in the project: in house, external 3D visual artists, clients and contractors. Strong English is essential.
- Written and spoken Japanese would also be beneficial, but this is not an essential requirement.
A positive attitude towards mucking in is required, as the FF&E team all help out with keeping the library and layout area tidy and functioning! It is also essential that the candidate is able to travel (often at short notice) to locations within the UK and abroad.
Salary dependent on experience. Candidates with a higher salary expectation will be considered as long as the standard of work is appropriate.