BIM & Asset Coordinator
To facilitate with the delivery of the Estates Office's Building Information Modelling systems and information requirements. Assisting the BIM & Asset Manager with training on all BIM requirements to Estates staff. Implementing software & hardware solutions to deliver the desired Estates BIM Strategies.
My client are the estates department within a leading Higher Education institution in the West Midlands. Their portfolio extends to encompass approximately half-a-million square meters of floors space in over 200 buildings, and over 250 acres of grounds and sports fields.
Within this team, you will play an essential role in growing the new team which within the estates department, falls under Delivery and Operations.
This is a new and strategic role within the Estates Office, with the primary function to assist and facilitate the BIM/CAD Operations in the delivery of quality of service objectives and the preparation of feasibility & commissioning activities.
- To maintain and deliver the Estates Office BIM Execution Plan , Processes and Protocols for a given project in conjunction with project design and construction personnel and the project client (BIM Execution Plan must contain relevant elements of BIM level 2 (3D, 4D and 5D);
- To manage a BIM modelling environment and communicate access procedures to the Capital Projects team;
- To maintain a Common Data Environment for a project, in consultation with Document Control, procurement and other related parties who have systems where data needs to be shared;
- To assist in the delivery of the role of Estates Office "BIM Model Co-ordinator", having operational responsibility for the integrated federated models and associated metadata.
- To document any clashes between different discipline models using Autodesk Navisworks;
- Instruct resolution of detected clashes;
- Assist with the delivery of BIM workshops and report progress at the Project design Team meetings;
- Keep and maintain records of transfers of element ownership;
- Keep a record of the models and their status;
- Establish quality control procedures to check that all of the models are accurate and the level of detail is fit for purpose;
- Record and monitor shared data and relationships between models e.g. grids, floor levels, shared project coordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of specialist / technical expertise and advice for the successful delivery of BIM Implementation activities throughout the Estates Office;
- To collaborate with the development of Estates "policy" contributing to strategic development of BIM procedures;
- Coordination and facilitation of multiple stakeholders to delivery systems training and coaching to operational teams and end users;
Plan and organise individual and or team activities to meet project & operational BIM requirements.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on project sheet setup;
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments and in using Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Autodesk Software Suite particularly Navisworks Manage;
- Experience working as a BIM Coordinator or training towards qualification;
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM;
- Degree preferred but will consider HND with appropriate experience;
- Production experience in design, drafting or engineering;
- Regular contact with Project Teams, Contractors and Consultants to understand and deliver desired outcomes;
- Plan and organise individual and or team activities to meet project & operational BIM requirements.
- Opportunity within an organisation at the forefront of BIM Development;
- Negotiable salary with benefits;
- Attractive career development and prospects.
- salary increase potential after a year of £5,000