Senior Architectural Technician / Technical Coordinator
Conrad are working exclusively with a property developer in the Essex area who has an outstanding opportunity for a proven individual to assist with the continued success with the residential sector which includes but is not limited to affordable & private housing.
They currently have a 'hybrid role' available which comprises of both technical coordination and also the duties of a Senior (hands on) Architectural Technician. This is a great opportunity for candidates with the aspirations to become a technical coordinator/manager within the foreseeable future.
Known for their ability to deliver top quality design to restricted deadlines, they also encourage a vibrant working environment which they believe is the reason they can boast an extensive portfolio of successfully delivered projects to the highest of standards.
* Taking approved planning drawings through detailed, technical design to completion on site.
* Creating design team programmes for the designation of resources for both yourself and other team members, and then monitoring these to ensure the timely delivery of design team deliverables.
* Responding to RFIs from the client and design team members.
* Act as the primary contact for the design teams, client and production teams.
* Co-ordinate the design information supplied to the company construction team.
* Manage approval of subcontractor and supplier design elements, reviewing comments and chasing approvals and construction issue drawings.
* Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements.
* Manage design output to agreed programmes. Liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control, and Planning Departments to answer queries and discharge outstanding conditions.
* Maintain an overview of the architectural design on developments that you will not be designing yourself but which will be providing coordination within the office.
* Liaise with Buying and Commercial to get design information in a timely manner chasing up where necessary.
* Produce regular technical reports on status of design approvals.
* Carry out pre-contract meetings with design team members to answer preliminary stage questions and to set out the structure and content of work packages and programme deliverables.
Generally, you will be required to take certain projects from approved planning stage, through to detailed design, coordination and then assist the companies site manager during delivery.
When the project workload is too great for the existing workforce you will work with the appointed external architects to produce the drawing packages. In this scenario you will provide the technical coordination. With the technical coordination aspect of the role you will manage members of your team with varying experience who will assist you and contribute with the administration & technical aspects of projects.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate an AutoCAD proficiency & a reasonable knowledge of building projects and current building regulations.
In return for your services, our client can offer a pleasant working environment and excellent career prospects & progression for the right individual.
To apply now for this fantastic opportunity, please send in an up-to-date CV to Carl Conrad Consulting.