Architectural BIM Manager Glasgow £34000 - £38000
Your new company
Our client is seeking a well-rounded architect or technician to serve as the company's BIM Manager. The particulars of the job will be to specialise in design led projects, refurbishment & new build, commercial, retail, healthcare & luxury residential complexes. The primary responsibility of the BIM Manager will be to oversee the implementation and rollout of the current BIM Revit software across all sectors within the business. BIM is already being used within the practice, where some staff members already have years of usage on the software on live projects under their belt. The BIM Manager will be required to oversee these staff in their development, and assist with the quality of the Revit models being produced, in addition to promoting the efficient/effective use of BIM on all projects.
Your new role
- Leading BIM planning sessions and assisting project teams in properly set up their models to comply with office standards and best practices
- Reviewing project Revit models at key milestones for consistency with company standards, level of development, and efficient modelling practices
- Maintaining the existing BIM standards, templates, and family development
- Troubleshooting model issues and supporting project teams with their AutoCAD and Revit questions
- Planning and executing beginner, intermediate, and advanced Revit and other Design Applications training courses for employees
- Planning and executing continuing education for advances in BIM technology
- Coordinating Autodesk software updates with Information Technology
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to be compliant to BIM level 2 standards
- You will need to have had experience in a similar type of role within your current practice.
- Be proficient in either ArchiCAD or Revit.
- Be able to train staff, who will have different levels of ability with BIM
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive salary in line with market rates
- A chance to work for an award winning practice in the heart of Glasgow
- Involvement in the design process or projects
- Involvement in the development of junior technicians
- A lot of autonomy, where they will be responsible for staff
- A chance to work on projects across a wide variety of sectors
- A chance to Implement your own in house training scheme
What you need to do now
This is a phenomenal opportunity that does not come around too often within the architectural market. As an expert recruiter within the Glasgow Architectural market, I would be keen to speak with you, or anyone who you may feel appropriate for this role on a confidential basis regarding this position. You contact me on 0141 212 3660 or apply directly to the role through this advert. I look forward to hearing from you.