Tier 1 Developer Technical Manager
If you are highly organised and come from a Design / Technical background and are looking for a role within one of the largest UK residential developers then please keep reading.
You will be expected to lead by example and direct a small team within the Technical department showing your expertise and experience and be able to make sure projects are handed over to the construction teams on time.
Our client is one of the leading UK developers in the residential housing market.
The Building and Construction market is still going strong and there are a number of new projects coming up within this business. In particular, working close to Basingstoke, you will ideally be located close by or within a short travelling distance.
As a business, our client is committed to providing a top level product that they can be proud of. This is echoed throughout the business by hiring the right calibre of candidate for their roles.
Tier 1 Developer Technical Manager
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage key project meetings (Concept, Land Handover, Design Team meetings, Sales & Legal Handover meetings, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise and assist the Technical Director in the recruitment of additional resource where required and the performance and development of existing internal resources.
- Assist the Technical Director in the preparation of new site acquisition Technical Appraisals and provide support as necessary to the Land department to ensure LPE technical information is prepared, presented and submitted in a timely manner (Appraisal, LAMP report, etc.)
- In conjunction with the technical team, manage the clearance of planning conditions in a timely manner to ensure site start and pre-occupation obligations are met.
- Review and advise the Technical Director with regard to customer requests for building consents.
- Deputise for the Technical Director in key client UK meetings, Regional HSE Meetings and similar corporate matters.
- Build strong relationships with other operational senior managers within the business to ensure effective collaboration and communication between departments on the delivery of business unit targets.
- Participate in and drive value engineering to ensure that all technical opportunities for value improvement are explored and realised.
- Advise the Technical Director on future bond/surety requirements for infrastructure matters and in conjunction with the Adoptions Manager, ensure timely adoption procedures and reduction of existing bonds.
- Liaise with Customers where necessary to resolve technical issues as appropriate.
Working in Basingstoke for one of our top clients you will take on the role of Tier 1 Developer Technical Manager overseeing the Technical / Design team. To be successful in this role you should be able to meet most or all of the following requirements:
- Good strong knowledge of the full development/ technical process.
- Ability to create and manage programmes, in particular Critical Path.
- Previous experience as either a project or Discipline Manager within a development organisation.
- Relevant broad base of role during career, probably all or most developer based.
- Wide and forward thinker / rational thinker.
- Motivational and self-motivated.
- Able to communicate with all disciplines at all levels.
- Well organised and capable of organising others.
- Able to manage people, processes and time.
- Able to educate and improve subordinates to achieve best results.
- Ability to analyse and monitor financial statements.
- Strong team player, good sense of humour with an energetic outlook.
An excellent Tier 1 Developer Technical Manager role, offering a competitive salary between £45 - £55k depending on experience. Extra benefits package to be confirmed.