Architectural Technicians and Technologists
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIANS AND TECHNOLOGISTS
Brookes Architects is an award-winning architectural practice based in new studios at The Bank of England Sports Centre in Roehampton, London SW15. We specialise in high end residential development, social housing and all other aspects of residential design, including student housing. We work predominantly in south west London and the south east of England.
One of the top practices in the country (based on size), our staff of over 30 work together in four design teams, each led by a Director/Associate on a variety of projects from inception to completion, with administrative support.
We are committed to producing high quality architecture using both AutoCAD and Revit and increasing our capabilities in BIM. Previous Revit experience is preferable but we would offer appropriate training to the right candidate. We have our own Revit Users Group and encourage personal development in this field.
We are looking for someone with good UK technical experience, preferably but not exclusively on residential schemes, taking projects through planning, production information and onto site.
You will be directly responsible to an Architect/Associate, preparing production information and assisting in bringing our designs to fruition.
- Preparing design proposals using AutoCAD or Revit as appropriate.
- Preparing Design and Access Statements and other supporting documentation for planning in sensitive areas.
- Preparing production information and co-ordinating design information in BIM for construction on site.
- Preparing NBS specifications for construction work.
- Answering site queries as appropriate.
- Ability to prepare high quality design drawings suitable for planning, especially in Conservation Areas and to Listed Buildings.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality production information on computer and co-ordinate the detailed design work of other consultants.
- Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with and represent the practice to both clients and other consultants.
We will pay a good salary according to age and experience, with an annual bonus subject to terms and conditions. We are committed to retaining all of our staff and developing them to the highest possible level.
As we are located within a sports ground, on-site facilities, including a gym, swimming pool and squash/tennis courts, as well as a restaurant and bar, are available to all staff. There is also plenty of free parking.
If you wish to develop your career in a design orientated environment, you should apply in writing to Liz Whelan, Brookes Architects Ltd, Upstairs at The Grange, Bank Lane, London SW15 5JT or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, CV and one or two examples of working drawings for residential projects.
Brookes Architects is an Investor in People and also an equal opportunity employer. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to background.