Technical Manager - Leading Residential Developer
The role of Technical Manager - Leading Residential Developer - is based in the Eastleigh area along the South Coast.
This position will be focusing on the individual's ability to join and oversee an established Technical team, whilst reporting into the Technical Director. You will be responsible for authorising designs
My client, a leading residential developer, are searching for a Technical Manager - Leading residential developer - to be based from their Regional office in Eastleigh. This developer has numerous offices across the country and has a strong name within the market.
They build a wide range of properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to five bedroom detached houses, with a broad price range including both private and affordable homes. They cover most regions across the UK.
They understand that development is about more than creating homes. They want to impact the local areas in more ways than just building homes and are trying to provide millions of pounds worth of infrastructure, for example roads, sewers, landscaping and community facilities.
Coming from a strong background in the building and construction industry will prove valuable in this position of Technical Manager - leading residential developer.
Being able to manage the technical architectural design/engineering teams to ensure all designs / technical issues are dealt with within the development programme and budget will be an essential skill.
Some other areas you will be responsible for include:
- Management of external consultants to ensure information is received, co-ordinated and distributed on time and within budget.
- Prepare and maintain development programmes and documents for the monitoring of progress and for use in reporting to the Technical Director.
- In conjunction with the technical team, manage the clearance NHBC conditions in a timely manner to ensure issue of CML prior to plot legal completion.
- Arrange and chair a regular Technical Department meeting to review the department's programmes and performance.
- Liaise and negotiate where necessary with Planning Officers, approving Authorities, Consultants etc. to ensure projects achieve the set objectives and programmes.
- In conjunction with the functional team member prepare and present fee tenders, analysing quotations against budgets and appoint chosen consultants following approval from the Technical Director. Manage and submit quarterly fee trackers to the Technical Director for approval.
- Ensure CDM Pre-Construction information and documentation is prepared and presented accurately in a timely manner to support the tendering and site start function pursuant to TW Operating Framework and CDM/EMS procedures.
As an experienced Technical Manager - Leading Residential Developer - you will already have experience managing or supervising a small technical team. Managing workloads and co-ordinating the site requirements.
You should have a very strong understanding of technical requirements and regulations, being able to answer any technical questions from other departments, helping to increase the visibility of the technical team to other areas of the business.
Some of the key attributes our client will be expecting to see include:
- Wide and forward thinker / rational thinker.
- Motivational and self-motivated.
- Able to communicate with all disciplines at all levels.
- Well organised and capable of organising others.
- Able to manage people, processes and time.
- Able to educate and improve subordinates to achieve best results.
- Ability to analyse and monitor financial statements.
- Strong team player, good sense of humour with an energetic outlook.
Our client is offering a competitive salary with this role, which will depend on experience of the individual.
The overall package will include a good basic salary as well as the following:
- Pension plan