Technical Administration Architect
A fair sized and well established central London/UK practice is looking for an ARB registered Technical Administration Architect, with solid experience in the public sector (Science, Healthcare, Universities). This candidate must have excellent contract administration and document control skills. Other key requirements are sound construction knowledge and design management skills with detailing abilities being essential, design awareness, ability to develop client briefs, and run a project from start to finish.
Please call in for more details!!
Other skills required:
* A self motivated, enthusiastic, committed attitude to work and flexible, adaptable and responsive approach to new challenges, technologies and industry developments
* The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
* A record of building day to day relationships of trust with project parties and managing those relationships
* Proven experience of delivering complex highly serviced buildings to a high technical standard
* In depth knowledge of UK building regulations and other statutory requirements including 'best practice'
* Proven ability to apply best practices in terms of project delivery, often on multiple simultaneous projects
* The ability to produce accurate specifications, working drawings and packages
* Experience in developing designs/sketches into buildable solutions
* Fast and accurate CAD skills, preferably ArchiCAD
* Demonstrate commercial awareness through the design process in terms of project viability and Company profitability
* Able to motivate, support and coach office colleagues
* Will report direct to line manager and be responsible for maintaining and controlling up-to-date in-coming and outgoing project information and documentation in accordance with project and QA requirements including interface with project extranets
* Co-ordinate control of project information with BIM manager for consistency with issue of BIM model information
* Assist in controlling, programming and monitoring the design development and production of information
* Assist in controlling all design team input at construction stage on a day to day basis, co-ordinating their input and maintaining good communication
* Responsible for monitoring the progress of the work by the Contractor, controlling the authorisation of variations and their cost implications and liaising with the site inspection staff in monitoring the quality of the work.
* Review QA compliance of all projects across the office
* Provide the office point of contact for contract administration within the office
* Assist in design development, specification writing production of package information and co-ordinating package information across all documents
* Agree realistic targets with line manager for delivery of information and monitoring progress to ensure targets are achieved and if problems are developing, ensure that appropriate action, including discussion with line manager, is taken immediately to find ways of resolving them before they affect the overall objectives
* Will act as project leader on small projects, part of wider team on larger projects reporting to manager
* Assist in programming and monitoring project resources
* Along with all office staff, assist with general office and project tasks including issuing of information, copying, downloading of images, assigning drawing numbers, producing issue sheets etc
* Supervising and coaching junior staff on project work in the office