Senior Associate/Education Sector Lead Designate
My client are one of the largest and most well established practices in the UK. They differ culturally from other large practices in that they are democratic in terms of their strategic decision making process and pride themselves inn their flat structure. They also work very hard on staff development and there is expectation on managers to ensure that those they mentor are getting the support that they need and the progression that they deserve.
As a practice they also pride themselves on, and indeed define themselves by their strong design ethos and level headed, stable and effective commercial approach. In short they design strongly and make a profit.
They do not plan any significant growth in the next 6 months but this will not affect the appointment in to this role. The reason is that a main equity holding Director is likely to retire in a few years time and as such there is a need to succession plan.
- This individual will work very closely with, be invested in and be mentored by the retiring Director, he is looking for something of a protégé that will continue his legacy.
- This individual will be expected to be able to maintain and develop relationships with existing clients these client relationships will allow this individual to springboard themselves to Director level.
- Dependant on track record this individual will take a leadership role on some projects and having a more overarching, "dipping in and out ", role over a variety of others.
My client is looking for:
- Ambition to move into a more leadership focused role over the coming years
- Knowledge, passion, interest and experience within the UK Education sector.
- Even if they do not have a track record of bringing in new work there must be hunger to be outward facing, bring in work, build, develop and grow the practice-tied into this
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams
- Ability to mentor and develop junior colleagues
- Small scale commercial savvy - to drive a profit whilst achieving a high quality product. Be aware of the profit margins on projects
- Large scale commercial savvy - how is the market developing, where are risky areas and areas of opportunity