Head of Technical
Head of Technical
Your new company
Hays Architecture are representing a Developer based in Dorset who are specialist across three innovative business sectors: retirement living communities; an owner-operator in the care home sector; and a commercial property developer.
Are you a very experienced Head of Technical within a property development or construction company? Are you looking for a role where you can utilise your Technical expertise to manage and develop the technical processes and ensure that the best design for each project is achieved?
Your new role
- Lead projects
- Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company and oversee multiple projects
- Ensure the team procure site investigations, surveys, services information, etc. to assist the design process
- Management of the technical process ensuring that best practice is followed, and that costs are controlled.
- Guide, manage and support the Technical team
- Ensure best value is observed in procuring site service contracts.
- Oversee the coordination of the external design team in ensuring the design package meets the specified programme.
- Ensure that the department delivers a clear and concise technical briefings to all the other related departments at the pre-start stage.
- Support the senior teams in Commercial/Construction/Sales with any issues that may arise.
- Ensure that the site adoptions process is followed, and that the associated agreements are in place, and that the bond value is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for full and accurate technical appraisals, abnormal costings of potential development land being provided within required timescales.
- Responsible for the preparation of detailed constructional drawings, the negotiation and securing of technical and statutory approvals to achieve and monitor the optimum timing programmes.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving technical design and constructional problems
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive experience in a Senior role within a construction Technical Department
- BSc Engineering, Construction Management
- Chartership in Engineering or CIAT
- Up to date knowledge of building and health and safety legislation
- A very hands on individual
- Exposure to mixed use/commercial schemes
- Extensive experience in concrete, steel and traditional masonry build
- Extensive experience in curtain walling and cladding systems
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
- Excellent Communicator, with high detail orientation
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs
- Management experience to manage the technical team
- High level of competency with regard to analytic thinking and problem solving
- Possess a clean driving licence and be a car owner.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary. Incentive scheme after completion of probation period. 20 days annual leave per annum + Bank Holidays (pro-rata). 2 additional days annual leave per annum after 2 years of service. 3 days annual leave between Christmas and New Year. Workplace pension scheme. Great discounts on shopping, travel and cinemas. Long Service Awards. Childcare Voucher Scheme. New introduction reward scheme. Professional subscriptions (payment of one relevant annual membership fee). Mothercare vouchers for all expectant parents. Land Introduction bonus. Contribution to relevant training courses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.