Contract - Architect
Our client is a Professional Services' business offering engineering, design and specialist consultancy services across the complex infrastructure, process, tunnelling and built environments. Due to success and growth they are seeking a contract Architect to join their Stratford-Upon-Avon Office.
- Provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different buildings and elements. Work to own initiative and required to supervise team members including Technicians, Graduates and trainees. Supporting professional development accordingly.
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief in a lead capacity to small and medium sized projects
- You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
- Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
Qualifications and training
- Degree in Architecture leading to RIBA chartered membership
- London Underground LUCAS card
- Main line / Network Rail PTS card
- CSCS card
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
- Proven track record in the delivery of architectural design, in particular on-site experience within the transportation/infrastructure sector
- Software: AutoCAD/AutoCAD ADT/Revit/Microstation V8 preferred/Sketch Up