Assistant Design Manager (Part II / Newly Qualified Architects)
For a Part II, or a Newly Qualified Architect, who is looking to take the step into Design Management
Your new company
Working for not only one of Scotland's largest, but one of the world's largest consultancies, you will have access to come of the largest and most exciting projects in the market. They are offering a Part II Architectural Assistant, or a Newly Qualified Architect a truly unique opportunity to take the step into Design Management at an early stage. Opportunities to move into Design Management usually only come up later in your career, therefore to get the opportunity to look at this option now, is one that should be given serious consideration.
Your new role
The overall Purpose of the role will be to:
- provide support to design teams both internally and externally.
- assist with management of the design process in Scotland, the and internationally.
- to help grow the Design Management team in Scotland by demonstrating value at every opportunity and assist in managing and mentoring graduate design managers.
- to forge relationships with architects and engineers across the business and externally to build up a contact database for future business development.
- the role is a non-technical and non-design role.
Summary of Duties:
- manage sub-consultants
- establish and manage design procedures
- monitor design schedule and progress
- documentation and deliverables
- organising project meetings and the decision making process
What you'll need to succeed
This role would be perfect for a Part II Architectural Assistant, or a Newly Qualified Architect, who is looking to take the step into Design Management. However, as long as you had previous experience working alongside design teams, and had an understanding and empathy for the design process, then this may be an option for you.
You will need to be a very organised individual, with excellent communication skills, and have real commercial awareness for projects.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for one of the world largest, most people focused consultancies, who are committed to promoting and developing people from within. Hence why they are recruiting at this level. Also, the companies projected growth forecast means that clear progression opportunities exist.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.