DESIGN MANAGER | CENTRAL BELT SCOTLAND | MAIN CONTRACTOR
My client is a main contractor based in the Central Belt of Scotland.
The role is a permanent position and will offer job security, a defined career path, and the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types and values.
Previous experience in the construction industry is essential.
The role is open due to an increase in work load.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Helping to manage the interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Helping to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
You should possess:
- An understanding of the construction process through design to on site construction and handover.
- A well organised working style, an interest in design and an aptitude for managing the design process.
- A knowledge of BIM (Desirable).
- A knowledge of Revit (Desirable).
- A proactive approach, be an enthusiastic coordinator and motivator.
- Good communication skills, on both a personal level and formal reporting level.
- Educated within construction or design.
On offer will be a salary ranging from c£45,000 to c£55,000 (dependant on experience) with a package that includes a company car or car allowance, a pension plan, and healthcare cover.
If you are interested, please forward an updated copy of your CV along with a short cover letter. All applications are dealt with the strictest of confidentiality.