Senior Acoustic Design Engineer
Senior Acoustic Design Engineer
Your new company
Hays Building Services have the pleasure of representing a leading privately owned multi-award winning Energy Consultancy and Building Services Design Consultancy. Set up in 2008 to provide energy consultancy and low carbon building design solution services. This consultancy offers a combined solution in Energy Compliance, Sustainable Building Design, Energy efficient products and energy procurement solutions. Since inception they have won 25 industry awards and recognised by Goldman Sachs as one of the leading SME fast growth companies of 2015.
They are growing quickly with ambitious growth plans and require a dynamic and ambitious Senior Acoustic Engineer to join their expanding team. You must naturally be a self-starter and good communicator. You must adopt an commercial attitude to projects and 'think outside the box' at all times.
Your new role
With a passion for sustainable building design and the desire to learn, they are looking for someone with a good grounding in UK building acoustic design and testing (planning stage & post-construction state) to drive the acoustic division proposition alongside the company's growth plans. Developing relationships and working closely with clients/architects/planners and other members of the design team to create successful acoustic design solutions.
- Manage multiple projects with differing deadlines and project budgets
- Noise/Vibrational surveys and noise modelling reports for planning permissions
- Undertake acoustic design consultancy (to address Part E) and advise architects on suitable fabric build-ups and specification performance parameters
- Support and undertake other building modelling software aligned with companies other services
- Undertake acoustic design review & technical guidance to the design team
- Provide technical input for proposal bids
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Update key technical documents/O&Ms
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified in physics/acoustics/engineering or equivalent
- A minimum 8 years' experience in building acoustics design
- Experience and confidence using Autocad, sound metering & noise modelling software (e.g CADna, Insul, Odeon)
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint
- Chartered acoustic engineer and Member of MIOA
- Experience of sustainable design including awareness of BREEAM and part E requirements, undertaking noise reports/surveys for planning
- Knowledge of acoustic design engineering and carrying out noise impact assessments and noise modelling software
- Experience in noise at work assessments, noise & vibration control measures, sound insulation investigations
- Experience undertaking UKAS accredited sound testing for building control Part E compliance
- Google Sketch Up
- Driving license and transport
- Candidates should be ideally Chartered progressing their Chartership (CIBSE or IOA).
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity of a long term contract with the view to permanent employment thereafter.
Competitive rate + training+ professional membership + pizza Fridays+ regular company social events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.