Architectural Technician/ Technical Architect
We are on the lookout for an experienced and talented Technical Architect to join our education team in our head office in Bristol.
This is a newly created role within the education team working on Higher Education and Student Living projects.
You will be responsible for developing the architectural project as well as the following;
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of own project
- Collating and organising technical information
- Monitoring health and safety in design
- Preparing regulatory applications
- Demonstrating an awareness of own impact on the financial performance of his/her projects
- Preparing design proposals using Revit, CAD and traditional methods
- Contributing to the design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
- Preparing specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Contributing to design stage risk assessment
- Negotiate and manage all aspects of architectural and construction contracts
- Managing or co-ordinating associated professionals as required
- Obtaining and evaluating tenders and agreeing contracts
- Ensuring continual compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements
- Programming schedules and undertaking stage inspections
- Administering contracts and project certification
- Educated to at least RIBA Part 3 level
- Part 3 experience and can demonstrate relevant experience required of working within a large national practice
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting clients
- Proficiency in the latest issue of Revit, Photoshop, and an understanding of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Ability to balance workload as the role may require you to balance several projects at any one time.
- While Revit is desirable we can provide training to a successful candidate.