Senior Design Manager - Central London
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER | CENTRAL LONDON | MAIN CONTRACTOR
My client who is an industry recognised building contractor is looking to hire an experienced construction design manager.
My client is looking for a Design Manager with Commercial (office) experience and / or Health Care experience (with P21 and 21+ experience). The ideal candidate will need to have both preconstruction and construction experience.
The role is open due to an increase of workload in Central London.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Helping to manage the interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Helping to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
You should possess:
- An understanding of the construction process through design to on site construction and handover.
- A well organised working style, an interest in design and an aptitude for managing the design process.
- A knowledge of BIM (Desirable).
- A knowledge of Revit (Desirable).
- A proactive approach, be an enthusiastic coordinator and motivator.
- Good communication skills, on both a personal level and formal reporting level.
- Educated within construction or design.
- Build contractor experience is essential.
My client is offering a competitive salary ranging from £65,000 to £75,000 and a great chance for career progression, personal development.
If you are interested, please forward an updated CV along with a short cover letter. All applications are dealt with the strictest of confidentiality.