Architect Glasgow Social / Affordable Housing
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by one of Glasgow's most up and coming practices. They wish to recruit a Architect who has the ambition to progress to Project /Senior Architect in very favourable timing.
The structure of the team within the company, also allows for growth to Associate level. All in good time of course! But the fact that this model exists is refreshing and encouraging.
Your new role
This is a role for an all rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on sketchUp, doing a lot of your technical work, construction drawings etc. You will run with your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. A lot of the work initially will be to deliver an existing project, simply due to what stage the projects are at internally.
Most of the work will be within social and affordable housing. Therefore a passion and an understanding of this sector is crucial.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Architect with 1-5 years experience.
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Experience in social / affordable housing is essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
What you'll get in return
This is an immediate requirement working for a firm in Glasgow who have come on leaps and bounds in recent years. This practice offers the right candidate the chance to prove what they are capable of from day one.
The culture in the office is one they are proud of, and it is a big factor in their recruitment process.
What you need to do now
For a confidential discussion or to enquire about this role, please contact me directly. Interviews for this position will be taking place this week and next.
You can contact me on 0141 212 3660 or
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly