3D CAD Technician - London
We have a vacancy for an experienced 3D CAD Technician in our London office. The candidate must have very good 3D experience in AutoCAD, some experience in rights of light or daylight/sunlight analyses and proficiency in Excel. Knowledge of Sol and/or MBS Waldram Tools software is a strong preference, but experience of daylighting analyses in Diva, Radiance, Revit, Ecotect, 3ds Max, IES VE or Daysim would also be an advantage, as would AutoLisp programming.
The role will include:
- 3D computer modelling of buildings and their surroundings in AutoCAD 2012 or onwards. Daylight, sunlight and overshadowing analyses for planning applications, environmental impact assessments and BREEAM assessments
- Rights of light analyses
- Analysing and manipulating numerical data in Excel
- Liaising with external architects and land surveyors and in-house rights of light surveyors and pulling together drawing information for modelling purposes
- Working with land survey data, including 3D point cloud files, OS data and photogrammetric models (Zmapping/Vertex)
- Researching neighbouring buildings through local authority planning archives and aerial photography suppliers
- Inspecting and measuring up properties
We are looking for an organised and efficient technician who has a track record of working within budgetary and time constraints in a busy team. Candidates must have a strong team ethic and a willingness to learn and improve.