Technical Coordinator - Architectural background for Developer
Technical Co-ordinator and Technical Manager roles for a large and rapidly growing housing developer across the South East. Working on mid to high end housing schemes in Central London through to the surrounding county areas with a strong emphasis on quality design, buildability and leading construction methods and materials.
A Technical Co-ordinator will participate in the management and co-ordination of the external consultant team through all stages of Planning through Commercial, Production, Sales and Adoptions.
You will ensure that all disciplines are fully joined up and in synchronisation; checking layout drawings, suppliers and manufacturers details. You will also be expected to assist in obtaining necessary Building Regulation Technical Approvals and advising all internal Teams of updates and progress. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills, commercial awareness of proposals and the ability to work under own initiative and within tight deadlines.
- Participate in managing the preparation of planning layout and supporting information and reports for submission.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required to assist in the preparation of information for planning submission.
- Ensure relevant information availability for clearance of all planning conditions prior to site start.
- Work with commercial team to provide a detailed materials palette and plot schedule details for the development to ensure commercial objectives are maintained and planning constraints met.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML's can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
- Maintain a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development and ensure that appropriate mitigation is undertaken to allow development to proceed in line with Regional Programme.
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements -residential and none residential uses - and supporting information for issue to Commercial Department for tendering purposes in line with agreed Programme, utilising external consultants where appropriate.
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Run design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Full Technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be clearly demonstrated.
- Understanding of the planning process.
- Detailed experience of building regulations process.
- Project Management Skills.
- Understanding of the planning process and requirements essential.
- Thorough understanding of technical detailing including Building Regulations/CODE and emerging requirements are essential.
- AutoCad desirable- thorough competency of working drawing requirements essential.
- Full appreciation of related disciplines including planning, engineering, drainage, highways.
In return you will receive an excellent all round package and career progression with one of the most ambitious, driven and successful residential developers in the UK today. Apply online and call for more information.