Your new company
A is multi-award winning, international, architectural practice which has designed and delivered buildings worldwide for many years. The company's core skills are in architecture, urban planning, landscape and interior design.
Your new role
A skilled Architect who will be responsible for the following:
- Researching and developing solutions to architectural problems
- Preparing and / or commissioning measured surveys and site reports
- Preparing presentation materials by CAD and by hand for internal and external purposes, including attending client and user presentations and incorporating feedback
- Drafting and amending technical designs and production information by CAD and by hand
- Establishing and integrating technical information and statutory requirements into design and production drawings, including preparation of drawings for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes.
- Preparing written specifications and contract documentation, including assisting in drafting Architects Instructions and Certificates.
- Attending relevant internal and external meetings, following up action points and contributing to agenda items where appropriate
- Attending site meetings and taking minutes where appropriate
- Attending internal project planning and office management meetings and contributing to project and office management where appropriate
- In addition to general duties and responsibilities all architects will have specific duties relative to individual projects /. Individual office needs or obligations as set out with the various Directorates
- Maintaining of office and project files, preparing drawing issues
- Researching project briefs, materials and construction products and systems, including use of the office library and electronic information retrieval systems
- Undertaking post completion assessment and de-briefing for clients and building users
- Attending in house and external CPD activities
- Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of our Industry to be able to offer a professional service to client teams and other colleagues
What you'll need to succeed
- Post secondary education equivalent to a degree in Architecture
- More than five years post qualified Architectural experience
- Membership with the Royal Institutes of British Architects (RIBA)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with limited supervision, taking the initiative when required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ideally have previous experience working on acute health and laboratories
- Accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to deal with clients/ advisers confidently
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and business contacts at all levels
- A good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ensure that quality of service and excellence is delivered at all times
- Regular progress updating and reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of Revit
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary based on your individual experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.