Architectural Technician/Technical Designer
Architectural Technician | Reading | £30,000pa+
We are working with an established Retail Design studio based in Reading who are looking for an Architectural Technician to join their team and develop the Technical Drawings for food and beverage, and retail store projects. You will be working in a young, vibrant studio of Designers and Architects who enjoy good design and winning awards for it.
This is an excellent role for someone with experience working on commercial or retail projects and who has proficient experience working with AutoCAD. You will be expected to have strong enough experience to run projects alone and contribute to multiple schemes at any one time.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with Senior Designers on realising their concept designs
- Prepare detailed drawing packages for interior and external schemes
- Develop 2D and 3D drawings
- Liaise directly with clients
- Visit project sites as required
- Coordinate designs with contractors
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
The following requirements are essential to this position:
- At least 2 years' experience working on Retail/Workplace/Commercial projects
- A strong portfolio of work that communicates your experience of above
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD or Revit
- Experience liaising with clients and contractors
- UK project experience is essential
- A Degree
The following experience is non-essential but will be advantageous to the role:
- Concept design experience
- Knowledge of London FF&E suppliers
This is an ideal role for an Architectural Technician with small project/studio experience working on Retail Design projects who is looking to work with well-established brands. To apply for this role please email your CV and project samples to Linus Hornsey-Pennell on our Design desk to email@example.com.