Junior Construction Manager (client-side)
I am recruiting for a Junior Construction Manager position with a leading large-format retailer who have an expanding portfolio across the UK and Europe.
The role will initially be a mentored role for approximately 2 years, after which the candidate will be expected to take a lead role managing all elements of construction.
This growing retailer has a portfolio of 25 large stores across the UK - focusing on the M25 region. They have a growth strategy of 2-3 new stores/year in the UK (as well as an expanding portfolio in Europe).
The average job cost is 10-15 million euros per project.
The Junior Construction Manager will:
- Provide advice to the technical feasibility, design, cost and risk of projects.
- Procure, appoint and manage specialist consultants (as agreed with the mentor).
- Produce the cost plan, construction programme and risk register.
- Lead the delivery phase of construction (to agreed time, budget and quality).
The Junior Construction Manager will have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Architecture.
- Proven construction experience (ideally at least one new build in a retail/logistics environment).
- Prince 2 or PMP is highly desirable.
£30-35k + car allowance + competitive bonus