Retail Head of Interiors
Objectives of Role
An in-house retail practice require delivery of creative and attractive communal spaces across all of their sites through expert design and design management; ensuring that the brand identity is conveyed and maintained throughout. To manage the interior design process from concept development, project management, scheduling, purchasing to delivery and completion. Such spaces could be mall lounges, entrance lobbies, feature lighting.
Areas of Responsibility
- Upon request from the development or asset management teams produce interior design solutions to enhance placemaking and the guest's sensory experience through clients shopping centres.
- The role will focus, initially at least, on interventions such as creation of mall lounges, use of planting, lighting features, graphics and props effectively completing the mall environment created by external architects.
- Work with external architects providing guidance on refurbishment and extension projects across the portfolio.
- Create concepts and convert them in to detailed working drawings, designs, plans and models using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Produce detailed project plans to include delivery sequence, timeline and constraints
- Consider materials and costs according to set budgets; Negotiating project fees
- Ensure internal design approvals are obtained at appropriate stages
- Work collaboratively across the wider business with Centre Management, Asset Management, Customer Experiences teams and effectively manage external teams such as Architects and Designers
- Create a communication plan for the design stage of projects
- Liaise with suppliers to source products, including fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing
- Acting as a project manager throughout the construction stage, supervising project teams including contractors/sub-contractors.
- Ensure that design integrity is maintained at each stage of the design and delivery process
- Track design delivery and provide status reports to key stakeholders
- Run post-project reviews and design analysis
- Ensure designs meet or exceed defined quality standards and compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Encourage design innovation and creativity
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders
- Keep up to date with new developments in the design industry
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects and challenging deadlines
- Ability to produce compelling designs
- Ability to absorb and act on advice from colleagues
- Be able to achieve design aims whilst being flexible enough to accept practical considerations
- Be able to adapt to diverse requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to design to relevant British standards and building regulations for interior fit-out jobs
Qualifications / Experience
- BA (Hons) in Interior Design/Architectural technology or similar qualification is ideal
- Proven track record of delivering relevant projects (e.g hotel, retail or restaurant background)
- Proven ability to effectively liaise and manage internal and external stakeholders including external designers, contractors and suppliers
- Good knowledge of Adobe programs, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- In depth knowledge of CAD and other design related packages