A great opportunity has arisen for a confident, conscientious and dynamic Planner to join an independently owned Architectural, Environmental & Planning Consultancy based near Malton, North Yorkshire.
Our client pride themselves in having a partnership with staff members creating an inclusive, supportive & entrepreneurial culture. They encourage staff to become fully engaged with all aspects of the business, with everyone playing a part in driving the business forward and being actively involved in the development of new services.
Currently they offer a range of architectural design, environmental and planning services to individuals, construction companies/builders, developers, landowners, architects and housing associations, their aim is to deliver these services working collaboratively using a high level of personal service offering a sound cost effective consultancy service.
Having recently acquired brand new office space in the picturesque village of Easthorpe, near Malton, North Yorkshire, this is a fabulous opportunity to join a culturally sound well run independent business with an excellent working environment.
Working as a key member of the team your day will see you:
* Undertaking site assessments.
* Preparing and submitting applications.
* Interacting with Planning officers at Local Planning Authorities pre and post application submission.
* Preparing Planning statements and other documents required to support applications.
* Working on written representations, appeals, informal hearings and public inquiries.
* Building external working relationships to extend our client base.
* You will be confident in networking and building up good working relationships with clients, contractors and local authorities. You will be competent in overseeing a project from inception to completion, attending site meetings and resolving any on-site matters that occur. You will be expected to play a role in business development.
The successful candidate will have the following qualification, skills, experience and personal qualities:
* A degree in Planning which is accredited by the RTPI or equivalent experience.
* Working towards or a member of the RTPI.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working as a planner, at least 12 months recent experience working within an Architectural practice or within a consultancy environment.
* An excellent grasp of written and spoken English, with exceptional communication and presentation skills as liaising with members of the team, clients, contractors, external consultants and local authorities is an integral part of this role.
* Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office programmes, especially Microsoft Word.
* A positive, problem solving mindset with a strong work ethic.
* Able to demonstrate an adaptable and flexible approach to your role.
* Excellent customer service, networking and negotiation skills.
* Very high standards of accuracy and presentation, with a good eye for detail.
* Self-motivated and capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills.
* Able to work proactively on own initiative, prioritise workload and have excellent time management and organisational skills.
* Have the ambition, drive and enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and the team.
Salary depending on experience
25 Days annual leave + Statutory Bank Holidays
Flexible working arrangements
For further details and a discussion please contact James Jackson - 0113 4570074
Alternatively please send your CV
Apply for Planning Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly