Conrad Consulting in Partnership with a national Property Design and Management Consultancy are currently recruiting for an Architectural Technologist to join their offices in Leeds City Centre.
Working on mainly Public Sector type projects, this represents a great opportunity to gain exposure to multi-million pound commissions predominately within the Education sectors.
Main tasks include -
* Producing drawings, securing planning permission and undertaking contract administration and reporting to clients
* Carrying out all necessary design and technical work including specifications for the various stages of a project from inception to completion in accordance with the RIBA plan of work
* Assisting colleagues through the preparation of drawings, schedules, specifications on projects and liaising with clients to assess their needs
* Providing professional advice in line with legal requirements
* Undertaking surveys and prepare records of existing buildings and sites
* Carrying out tasks completely and professionally with determined timescales, financial budgets and fee/cost targets
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required
*Must have experience working in an Architectural Practice as an Architectural Technician
*Professional competence as an Architectural Technician
*Previous relevant experience in a similar client side role
*Must have experience in dealing with clients at establishment head level
*Experience in working to agreed targets within a commercial environment
Skills, Knowledge and aptitudes -
*Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
*Knowledge of REVIT/BIM is desirable
*Must be able to demonstrate relevant up to date CPD records
*Must be familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
*Understanding of the building process from inception to completion
*Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations
*Knowledge of CDM Regulations
*Ability to write clearly and concisely
*Ability to contribute to project and design meetings
*Ability to work accurately on several schemes at any one time
*Must be able to work unassisted to a high quality
Salary circa £28,000 - £35,000 Per annum + generous benefits package.
For further details please speak to James Jackson 0113 4570074.