Residential FF&E Interior Designer
Residential FF&E Interior Designer / Vectorworks Preferred / London / Salary Up to £34,000 / Permanent
A position has arose for a creative Residential FF&E Interior Designer to join a niche busy high-end luxury interior design studio in London Bridge.
The ideal candidate will embrace the chance to translate a brief into an FF&E concept and take it through to install and completion. With the budget in mind, you will be expected to liaise directly with the client for approvals and hold a strong relationship with the rest of the team and suppliers to ensure that projects are run efficiently and to very high standards.
You will also be involved in a rebranding exercise to celebrate the company's 20 years in the industry by organising and leading on photo shoots and developing our internal systems alongside the studio's management team.
Key day-to-day tasks of the Residential FF&E Interior Designer include:
- Lead initial concept meetings on projects assigned
- Provide information and make suggestions on availability of suitable FF&E as required
- Create boards/layout plans, attend meetings, present FF&E concepts to clients
- Work with designers to prepare full FF&E schedules and cost all FF&E specifications
- Research interior elements, materials and suppliers - call suppliers and obtain quotes
- Prepare spreadsheets outlining all costs and gain approval from Directors and clients
- Oversee purchase orders, specification sheets and control books for all requirements
- Negotiate, co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers to ensure that all specifications and deliveries are being met on time and on budget, and to the best possible quality
- Generate solutions and alternatives as problems arise and seek necessary approval
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers throughout the procurement of FF&E
- Ensure regular and open communication with internal and external teams and suppliers
- Co-ordinate receipt, delivery and installation of all FF&E
- Ensure all FF&E specifications are delivered to site as scheduled
- Assist in final stages of the project, ensuring that all FF&E, accessories and styling requirements are met
- Oversee professional photography
- Set up new trade accounts
- Maintain existing & develop new relationships with suppliers and manufacturers
- Ensure that the various project, supplier and purchasing schedules are maintained and regularly updated
- Ensure that the FF&E library/sample area is managed and maintained
- Assist with any ad hoc FF&E issues as they arise
- Organise and participate in meetings where required
Key attributes of the Residential FF&E Interior Designer include:
- Confident and articulate
- Organised and efficient
- Persistent and assertive
- Results focused and deadline driven
- Enjoys working in a busy environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Able to work under pressure
- Self motivated, creative and initiative
- Knowledge of product and materials, suppliers design trends in the industry
- General knowledge of interior architecture with the ability to read and understand technical drawings including furniture shop drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good with budgeting and time management
- Ability to multitask
- Software- Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
- Vectorworks is an advantage
- Mac Experience (preferable)
If you're interested in finding out more about this Residential FF&E Interior Design role than please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Adrem are specialist in FF&E Interior Design jobs.