Conrad Consulting in Partnership with a national Property Design and Management Consultancy are currently recruiting for an Architectural Technologist to join their offices in the Centre of Hull.
Working on mainly Public Sector type projects, this represents a great opportunity to gain exposure to multi-million pound commissions predominately within the Education sectors.
Main tasks include -
* Producing drawings, securing planning permission and undertaking contract administration and reporting to clients
* Carrying out all necessary design and technical work including specifications for the various stages of a project from inception to completion in accordance with the RIBA plan of work
* Assisting colleagues through the preparation of drawings, schedules, specifications on projects and liaising with clients to assess their needs
* Providing professional advice in line with legal requirements
* Undertaking surveys and prepare records of existing buildings and sites
* Carrying out tasks completely and professionally with determined timescales, financial budgets and fee/cost targets
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required
*Must have experience working in an Architectural Practice as an Architectural Technician
*Professional competence as an Architectural Technician
*Previous relevant experience in a similar client side role
*Must have experience in dealing with clients at establishment head level
*Experience in working to agreed targets within a commercial environment
Skills, Knowledge and aptitudes -
*Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
*Knowledge of REVIT/BIM is desirable
*Must be able to demonstrate relevant up to date CPD records
*Must be familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
*Understanding of the building process from inception to completion
*Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations
*Knowledge of CDM Regulations
*Ability to write clearly and concisely
*Ability to contribute to project and design meetings
*Ability to work accurately on several schemes at any one time
*Must be able to work unassisted to a high quality
Salary circa £28,000 - £35,000 Per annum + generous benefits package.
For further details please speak to James Jackson 0113 4570074.