An opportunity exists in Aecom for an experienced Architectural Technician or Technologist from a commercial or industrial background to join our Warrington office.
AECOM is the largest global multi-disciplinary professional engineering consultant, and is one of the largest Architects in the UK and worldwide. We are the UK leaders in BIM, and our Architectural staff help shape the world around us - from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast growing architects’ department within a large multi-disciplinary modern office in the convenient location of Birchwood Park.
You will join a busy design team whose varied workload currently includes nuclear, power and energy projects, defence, laboratories, industrial and blue light services projects. Projects in our nuclear sector division range from small refurbishments and new build projects through to extremely large and complex nuclear facilities. Our Warrington Office is fully multi-disciplinary, so this gives an opportunity to work closely with other disciplines, you will also have the opportunity to learn BIM management skills. .
As part of our Architectural Design team, your day to day work will include:
- Planning, designing and administering building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials.
- Consulting with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
- Working on tender documentation and site stages.
- Capable of working independently to deliver multiple projects.
- Providing project management, liaising with architectural design team and client representatives as required
- Drafting and issuing architectural drawings and specifications
- Preparing and presenting technical design proposals using REVIT, AutoCAD , Navisworks and traditional methods
- Working on the detailed design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
You should hold a degree in a relevant subject and will preferably be a chartered member of the Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT). We can assist non-members to become members, and will reimburse membership costs. HNC and HND are also acceptable qualifications.
Ideally you will demonstrate a wide experience of design and project management within the regulated industries and have worked previously on process driven, highly serviced projects, although, relevant experience in other sectors, i.e. healthcare, education, offices etc will also be considered.
You must have knowledge and an understanding of the BIM approach to design and information production and be proficient in Autocad (preferably at least V2014) and competent in Revit and Navisworks.
Due to the nature of the projects you will be involved in, you MUST be able to obtain UK baseline security clearance.