Senior Technical Designer/Manager
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Designer/Manager
NY Property Services Ltd is a new and exciting multi-disciplinary professional design consultancy, providing services to North Yorkshire County Council and other public bodies, such as the fire and rescue services.
We already have an expanding business portfolio, and are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Designer/Manager to manage our architectural team and help us build upon this.
We are particularly interested in recruiting a candidate with significant experience in managing technical standards and team performance within the office. The successful candidate will assist the business in securing further opportunities within the property portfolio both locally and nationally.
You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary design team producing high quality design work, comprehensive and co-ordinated detailed drawings and specifications to enable projects to be completed within agreed cost and budget parameters.
As an experienced qualified Architect/Technologist, you will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent design capabilities.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Knowledge of all current regulations, relevant procurement methods.
- Experience of Contract Administration / Site Supervision / Project Management and CDM regulations.
- Up to date with developments within the design/construction industry.
- Able to demonstrate and illustrate knowledge and experience across all sectors of the RIBA Plan of Work 2013.
- Collaborative working within a Level 2 BIM environment
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior members of the team
- Effective communication and ability to grow and maintain positive client relationships.
- Ability to effectively resource plan and commercially manage projects and programmes of work is a key requirement.
- Ability to produce information using REVIT (or similar) is desirable while use of AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Design Suite, Word, Excel is a requirement.
The position will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within our expanding consultancy team. We currently provide, master planning, multi-disciplinary design, and estate planning within North Yorkshire County Council’s property portfolio including schools, libraries and other civic amenities. We need to be able to service further opportunities that may arise both within and outside this framework.
This is a permanent position that comes with an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with the importance of this role.
Initially you will be based in North Yorkshire; however, there will be an emphasis on growing the business beyond its current location with the possibility of establishing further office locations. You will need to have a full driving license and use of private transport.
If you are looking for a career change or a rewarding new challenge, we would like to hear from you, as this is a fantastic opportunity to be core to our business growth.
If in the first instance you would like to discuss the position in confidence, please do not hesitate to contact Nick Brennan, Principal Architect at North Yorkshire Property Services at firstname.lastname@example.org