The foundation of Hopkins Homes is based on a commitment to excellent design and quality, which reflects the tradition and character of each individual development. We are renowned for building new homes with character and individual style throughout the East Anglian region.
As part of our expansion, we are looking to recruit an experienced Architectural Designer. Reporting directly to the Head of Design, you will become actively involved in a wide variety of exciting residential projects throughout East Anglia.
- A good understanding of urban design principles
- Excellent CAD skills including the use of Photoshop
- Freehand sketching skills
- Ability to prepare detailed, commercially viable, feasibility sketches and studies in accordance with site brief
- Ability to prepare and compile detailed planning application drawings including house types, site layouts and material schedules
- Confidence to be able to take full responsibility and leadership on schemes in addition to working as part of a small dedicated team
- Brief, instruct and coordinate external consultants as required
- Excellent oral and visual communication skills
- Keen to join a progressive, award winning and multi-talented design team
- A minimum 5 years’ experience working in an architectural environment
- Experience in residential development design work preferable, although not essential, appreciation of what constitutes 'good design' is essential
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a fully expensed company car or car allowance, 5 weeks annual leave and, upon completion of your probationary period, optional company pension scheme and private healthcare.
Please apply in writing enclosing a full and current CV marked 'Private and Confidential' to:
Sheryl Denny, Hopkins Homes, Melton Park House, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1TJ or alternatively email: Sheryl.email@example.com