Are you an experienced Technician with strengths in educational, commercial and residential, London based projects? If you’ve answered yes to the above, then this is your opportunity to join a multi-award winning practice and showcase your ability.
Established 28 years ago, the company is an Architectural and town planning practice run by ten Directors and five Associates, holding 60 members of staff collectively. With offices based in London, Sussex and Bristol, teams consist of a number of Architectural, Technological and Administrative staff, specialising in a variety of sectors such as; Housing, Education, Commercial, Community, and are experts at Master planning for both urban and rural sites. Over the years, they have been shortlisted for over 20 design awards including; 4 RIBA Awards, 4 Civic Trust Awards, 4 Residential Design Awards, and 7 Education Design Awards. With a recent move of premises, their new office is located in a beautifully converted arch of a railway bridge.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist in the Detailed Design and Production of Construction level information in AutoCAD, for a number of major Educational, commercial and residential projects, typically valued between £2m – £10m.
Required Skills & Experience
- A qualified Technician (CIAT registered is preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years UK professional working experience
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Excellent technical skills gained on a range of projects, ideally with a value from £2m-£10m.
- Experience delivering technical packages on UK based educational, commercial or residential projects
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of technical detailing skill along with an understanding of modern methods of construction
- Thorough understanding of design issues on large scale projects
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- Current usage and proficiency with AutoCAD to a high standard.
- A good knowledge of Revit would also be highly beneficial
- The ability to be able to work using your own initiative
- A fantastic understanding of current UK Building Regulations, NHBC guidance and Associated Housing Guidance
- Ability to work within a small team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package:
Salary for this role is competitive and dependent on each applicants experience.
Working within an ever-growing practice, you will be joining a busy, yet fun environment within a talented and knowledgeable team of people. The practice encourages a good work / life balance with staff. Personal and professional progression and growth is important, and there is a strong commitment to the development of their staff. Based in the heart of South London, the office is a short 10 minute walk from Liverpool street, Southwark street, and the beautiful Tate modern. Located under the arches of a railway bridge, the office has been fully furnished to a high level and currently accommodates 10 staff members.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly