Senior Architectural Technician / Technical Architect
An expanding and sociable design-led multidisciplinary practice located alongside a beautiful canal in Hackney, with an eclectic portfolio of projects in a variety of sectors including high-end residential, private homes, and commercial projects.
Established in 2007, the practice offers full architectural, structural and interior design services from inception to inspection, with full project management and contract administration. The companies key sectors lay within housing and commercial; with a reputation for delivering private homes, residential / large scale / housing developments and workplaces for their clients. Their technical, structural and design specialist teams work together as a close knit team in a collaborative manner which enables them to deliver elegant and cost effective design solutions to their clients at the highest of quality.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Senior Technologist/ Technical Architect you will be taking on a number of duties working within a close-knit and ambitious team. Primarily you will be working within the technical team under instruction, progressing up to becoming the technical team leader with management responsibilities. Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Lead production of tender and construction packages – Drawings, schedules and specifications
- Liaise and coordinate work by all external consultants and internally within the rest of the team
- Manage tender processes – Documentation, issuing, analysing, and reporting to clients
- Site inspections – Liaison with contractors and subcontractors, site procedures and documentation
- Administrate contracts (On end users project) – Dealing with RFI’s and issuing all instructions, valuations and certificates
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification professional UK experience and delivering high-end residential projects for end users and multi-storey (4-5 floors) for developer clients
- Excellent knowledge of UK building regulations with the ability to challenge building control / approved inspectors with creative solutions
- Solid experience of the production of tender and construction packages with tasks including drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Must have experience working on RIBA stages 4-7 as a minimum, with experience of the production and coordination of all projects drawings and information
- Experience and understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration
- Proven ability to creatively solve complex construction details
- Practical experience using BIM software, ideally with ArchiCAD
- Proven track records in all contract administration duties and site inspections
- Strong knowledge of current UK building regulations
- Excellent organisational, time and people management skills
Salary & Package
Alongside a highly competitive basic salary of £40,000 – £50,000 dependent on experience, the successful candidate will be offered a pension scheme which will be starting this year.
The practice is a close knit team of 10 energetic people with future plans for growth in the next coming years. The open plan two-storey office is based alongside a beautiful canal and is only within a 10-minute walk from the local train stations and amenities around Hackney.
Alongside working within a sociable atmosphere, you will also be able take part in staff outings, drinks down the pub and 20-days holiday entitlement + bank holidays. The practice offers the availability for their staff to progress and develop within their career due to the size of team, offering a great amount of exposure to different elements of the business whilst working on a variety of RIBA stages on each project.