A successful and rapidly growing privately owned housing developer, based in a large purpose built office in the countryside of West Sussex and offering a highly desirable combination of a great salary, benefits and working environment.
The company was established 12 years ago and, due to careful planning and management, they are now a major strategic land owner. By joining the technical team, you will be working closely alongside the planning, design, building and sales teams.
With a sole focus on housing developments, projects vary in size from 7 to 600 homes. Due to an increase in current project sizes and continued success within the business, they are looking to add a Technical Manager to the team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Make enquiries and arrange consultant tender bids for production information
- Evaluate / reconcile tender returns
- Work closely and manage external consultants
- Control and monitor professional fees and invoicing
- Assist with specification development and review
- Review and comment on technical information for best value engineered solutions
- Provide information for discharge of planning conditions
- Manage applications for building control and discharge of conditions; providing information where needed.
- Working with the building control body to achieve building control approval
- Manage applications for NHBC warranties, robust detail applications etc
- Manage air testing regime and acoustic testing where required
- Brief specialist suppliers and send out design enquiries
- Manage and track approval process of specialist suppliers’ drawings
- Oversee production of sales and conveyance plans
- Deal with technical issues/queries from external contractors, housing association and customers
Required Skills & Experience
- Those looking to apply must have a thorough understanding of the technical aspect of construction.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Experience liaising with and managing external consultants
- Good communication skills
- Experience in team management
- Background working within a housing developer environment would be highly advantages.
- Qualifications to be HNC/ HND in building studies or relevant degree
Salary & Package
This role offers a salary of between £60,000 and £65,000, depending on experience. In addition to this competitive salary, the practice will also offer an annual bonus scheme, holiday allowance of 21 days excluding bank holidays, company car or car allowance , pension and BUPA healthcare.
This friendly and sociable office offers support and training to their staff. They have a keen interest in putting together social events including Christmas and summer parties, which involved a fun fair for the use of employees and their families last year. The office also benefits from free on-site parking for all staff members.