NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford and leading UK and international healthcare providers — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology/data-driven design.
NBBJ – London has an excellent opportunity for you to join our studio as a Senior Designer to work on complex UK and International Higher Education and Science projects.
NBBJ is a design-driven practice seeking top talent; our work requires high-performance designers who possess strong communication skills and graphic abilities, as well as the ability to work within multiple platforms and understand a holistic approach to design.
Your New Role:
- Lead and oversee the design of Higher Education and Science projects of various sizes and complexities, for academic, institutional and commercial clients within the studio
- Foster and develop design talent within the studio, leading project design teams with enthusiasm and setting standards for professional and creative rigour
- Participate in work-winning pursuits developing design proposals for bids, presenting at interviews, engaging with clients face to face
- Plan and lead research to discover new and innovative insights for design practice
- Remain abreast of industry trends and challenges
- Participate with the HE Practice Leader/Market Leader in business development activities
What you will Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of professional experience, primarily in Higher Education, Science, R&D sectors
- Registered Architect (ARB or equivalent)
- LEED Accreditation is a plus
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Strong analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills; ability to work within diverse teams of designers
- Capability to prepare design and construction documents and coordinate specifications
- Proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills (eg: Grasshopper and Rhino)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, 3DS Max
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to lead/participate in multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Willingness and ability to participate in industry speaking or presentation engagements
- Ability to travel internationally
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer