We are currently seeking an Architectural Technician to join an international architecture practice on an initial 6 month contract, in London. Our client specialises in the retail and hospitality sectors, and design and build a variety of major multi-million pound projects. From bespoke hotels to grand shopping malls, they have gained a catalogue of prestigious clients, and grown their reputation to an enviable level. This would be the perfect opportunity for candidates seeking valuable career experience, and the chance to expand upon their own project portfolio.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities to ensure the successful delivery of projects. You will be creating detailed and accurate models and drawings based on the design specifications you are given by the design team. You will also occasionally be required to carry out site visits to consult and keep updated on progress. You may also be required to assist with the development and mentoring of junior team members.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant CAD software including AutoCAD
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Knowledgeable on the general construction process of buildings
- Understanding of current UK building regulations
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you will be required to answer contractor questions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your best examples of technical and creative work, to show your approach to the architectural process (contact details below)'
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on 02392 603033 or email Hannah.McMillan@Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12588HM. Alternately, you can apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ button and following the instructions.