A new consultancy venture for a leading building materials manufacturer into sustainable and carbon neutral residential design. You will be joining as BIM Coordinator to develop the business's BIM infrastructure and more importantly, assist in the design process liaising heavily with clients and colleagues.
UK leading building materials manufacturer and construction solution business with an emphasis on sustainability. Now looking to develop their vast land banks, the company has embarked on a new consultancy venture, specialising initially in the residential sector, creating innovative designs with the latest technology resulting in carbon neutral dwellings.
Already live on site, they have aspirations to develop this sector rapidly with impressive capital investment to support and ensure success.
- Develop the company's BIM systems and build up their library of components;
- Assist and actively contribute to the design process of residential designs;
- Model and coordinate the design with external members of the design team (architects, clients, mep engineer etc.) and facilitate the smooth transition of information to the manufacturing teams for the bespoke detailing on precast elements;
- work closely with clients to determine and understand brief, providing aesthetically bespoke and pleasing solutions within in time and financial constraints;
- produce manufacturing information for the precasting facility.
- This is a business critical role and you will need to be a highly accomplished user of REVIT and familiar working to BIM level 2 standards and documentation (in particular PAS1192.2, PAS1192.3, COBie data drops etc.).
- Experience in precast concrete would be highly advantageous.
- You will be interested in design across all aspects - architectural, technical detailing and structural integrity of material.
- Most importantly, you will be highly motivated, self-driven with a hunger to learn and challenge what you know. You are a real team player with excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working collaboratively to solve problems and achieve a desired outcome.
- A full driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel to site.
Work from home with visits to the office locations and site as required.
Car (if required)