Intermediate Laboratory Designer
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford —to set new standards for performance, organisational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
NBBJ – London has an excellent opportunity for you to join our studio in an Intermediate Architect / Laboratory Planning role.
NBBJ has established a significant portfolio in the Healthcare, Science and Research projects sector and has recently been very successful in winning new work. We are looking to reinforce our existing Science and Research team and are seeking enthusiastic, creative and team oriented people with new ideas and design and delivery flare to expand our team at intermediate level.
Your New Role:
- Client liaison to determine laboratory brief and design criteria
- Develop an integrated laboratory concept which includes specialist environmental and equipment driven criteria
- Schedules planning and technical requirements through an understanding of the scientific mission for the facility including design, security, safety, and integrates these with overall building, engineering and structural concepts
- Is an advocate for the laboratory design within the project team
- Develops and coordinates room design criteria for projects and distributes to the project team
- Develops and integrates laboratory equipment lists and casework layouts for projects
What You will Need to Succeed:
- 3 to 5 years of planning experience on complex facilities
- Experience of working with CodeBook
- Track record of production of accurate drawings and project deliverables on time
- Revit skills essential
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic, communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work as part of team, ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive and independent approach to work and ownership of assigned tasks
If interested in this opportunity, please apply on-line at www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer