Architectural Design Director
Excellent opportunity for an Architectural Design Director to join a growing multi-disciplinary property consultancy on a permanent basis in Bristol. Our client has a wealth of knowledge and experience providing a range of architectural and property services in the education, commercial, residential and transport sectors. They are seeking to expand their presence in the Bristol area, and are looking for an Architectural Director to focus on creative design concepts and the expansion of an already established client base.
As the selected candidate you will have a variety of roles and responsibilities which will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and managing the local business strategy for work winning
- Overseeing design outputs to ensure quality and specifications are to standard
- Taking the lead input into design concepts and design quality of schemes
- Liaising with other directors across the architectural discipline to promote quality and consistency of project designs
- Participating in regular design reviews
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the architectural department
- Ensuring regular system checking and reporting on client satisfaction is implemented
- Selecting appropriate opportunities in line with the office business plan and in agreement with PCM for any support required
- Oversee, coordinate and produce responses to opportunities and prospects
- Agreeing fee levels and bid submissions with appropriate sector Director and Executive Director using agreed protocols
- Agreeing and implementing training and mentoring plans
- Identifying recruitment needs
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience working as an established Director at a large consultancy or architectural practice
- Chartered Architect
- Good project experience
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software packages e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketch-up etc.
- Understanding of UK building regulations and legislation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and technical abilities
As well as a competitive salary, our client is also offering a comprehensive benefits package including company pension scheme, child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy, and more.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on 02392 603033 or email Hannah.McMillan@Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12618HM. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ option and following the instructions.
Apply for Architectural Design Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly