This is an opportunity to join a non-corporate practice who are offering genuine career progression in a fantastic working environment. You’ll be joining a well-known AJ name and super sociable team of 65.
Based in the heart of Brixton, my client is an AJ100 Chartered Architectural firm, specialising predominantly in large scale, high end residential design. Their work is spilt into four main sectors; Commercial, Residential, Hotels and Master planning, across the East of England and London. They are an ambitious and ever growing practice, who now seek an experienced Technician to join their Post Planning team, to help deliver a variety of projects that are currently underway.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist in the Detailed Design and Production of Construction level information, for a major mixed use residential scheme in West London, alongside a variety of other live projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a qualified Technician
- A minimum of 3 years recent UK experience, working in professional practice
- A thorough understanding of design issues on large scale residential and office projects
- Excellent Design and Technical skills
- Have a flexible and committed attitude to work
- A thorough technical ability
- Current usage and proficiency using AutoCAD to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Revit is also advantageous
- Fantastic knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Building Standards
- Ability to work within a large team, where good communication skills and co-ordination are key
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Salary & Package
£33,000 – £40,000 DOE.
In addition to a competitive salary, a work place pension contribution is available and an optional season ticket loan upon joining the practice. You will receive 20 days holiday a year, however after two years’ service, holiday entitlement will increase by one day per year, up to a maximum of five additional days, giving 25 days total. Working hours are 9 am – 5.30 pm.
The team are a diverse and innovative group of people and regularly hold social activities, such as Friday drinks and regular lunches together. Regular CPD is encouraged in-house and as an Employee Owned Trust, the company is run for the benefit of their staff. Consequently, making this a great place for excellent architects to make long-term careers.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly