Architectural Technologist/Technician opportunity with Woods Hardwick in Bedford.
Woods Hardwick has been established in Bedford since the early sixties. Consistent growth across a number of disciplines has led to the development of expertise in Civil Engineering, Commercial Architecture, Residential Architecture, Development Consultancy, Town Planning and Land Surveying. Woods Hardwick is one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary architectural practices. Their unique strength lies in the breadth of their expertise and the depth of their knowledge, gained over 40 years in the building industry. Due to continued growth they are seeking a Architectural Technologist/Technician to join there already established team in Bedford.
Based in the residential division, you will join a medium sized team working on a wide and varied range of projects from large high volume sites for principal contractors, to smaller more bespoke housing. As an experienced Architect you will be currently working as an Architectural Technologist or Technician with three to five years of experience working in building design. This role is based within the Technical Design department, where you will be working amongst an experienced team who's core focus is housing design.
The ideal candidate will have gained some excellent experience working within the residential sector, appealing to those with residential and new housing design experience where you will have developed a strong sense of UK building regulations knowledge. You will already be working on plan, section and detail drawings either on one off houses to large schemes.
Essential skills and experience:
- Sound practical experience with Planning Stage schemes for National House builders
- Energetic, enthusiastic and communicative person who works well as part of a team but can also progress works independently as required
- Very Good knowledge of AutoCAD
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Microsoft Office Software, although some training can be provided
- Good knowledge of SketchUp would be an advantage
- Design orientated, good hand drawings skills preferable
- Delivering large scale residential schemes from inception through to Planning Determination (as guided by the Project Designer)
- Drafting the necessary Planning Drawings, especially House Types and multi-unit Planning Layouts, and assist in producing all supporting documentation
- Assist in ensuring that the deadlines along the project timeline are met
- Liaise with and communicate well within the residential team
- Experience is more important than qualifications
In return, Woods Hardwick are offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes free onsite parking. In addition, you will be encouraged to grow within the role, and be offered career progression opportunities.
For more information about the role and organisation please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/woods-hardwick or for an informal discussion please contact Dhiren Chauhan who is the retained consultant working in partnership with Woods Hardwick.