A rare opportunity is now available within a growing practice of 26, who are famous for their international work in the high-end and luxury retail sector. Benefits include a salary of up to £85,000, an incredible benefits package and the opportunity to work in one of the most creative and sought after design and architecture practices in London.
Leaders in the creation of tailored architecture & interiors for luxury retailers around the world, this practice has been standing out from the crowd since their inception fifteen years ago.
Their unique and futuristic approach to design, has helped them amass a list of top-end clients, including brands like Mina and Alberta Ferretti; and they have projects in over 100 cities around the world. Their turn-key services have made it possible for them to leave their mark across most design fields; getting involved in graphic and product design as well as interiors and architecture.
Role & Responsibilities
Currently working on a jaw-dropping list of projects, they are looking for a Technical Director to oversee technical output on a range of projects, from fixture design to external envelope. This person will manage the performance of team members across technical design teams and will take commercial responsibility to ensure designs are efficiently and accurately developments through RIBA stages 4-7. You will actively take part in the growth of the firm through development and implementation of systems and mentorship.
Current projects include luxury retail, hospitality and F&B with shop fits as small as 70sqm up to department stores exceeding 200,000sqm, based within London and China.
Required Skills & Experience
- Architecturally qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in luxury retail at both department store and shop fit scales
- Proven experience in the delivery of projects through all RIBA work stages, including production and coordination of all project drawings and information
- Extensive experience in delivering tender and construction packages
- Ability to communicate and lead through sketches and drawings
- A good understanding of materials, specifications, and construction procedures
- Advanced AutoCAD skills (to lead by example)
- Experience dealing with finances, budgets, costings etc
- UK experience is essential and Chinese project experience is desired
- Excellent and current knowledge of UK building regulations (knowledge of Chinese regulations an advantage)
- Understanding of 3D modelling (Rhino) would be an advantage
Salary & Package
- A salary of £65,000 – £85,000, fully dependent on experience
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme after completion of probationary period
- 20 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays and Christmas closure period
- Performance based annual bonuses (at the Director’s discretion)
- Flexible working hours
- Superb office working environment including the equipment, software, pool table, kitchen and roof terraces etc.
- All kitchen food basics provided
- Yoga classes run twice a week
- Personal fitness trainer sessions, usually twice a week
- Fortnightly evening life drawing classes in the office
- Annual salary reviews