Conrad Consulting is pleased to be working with an innovative Architectural Practice who offer support in all types of building projects from private residences through to housing and property developments. Due to continuous growth within the practice, they now seek to add a budding Architectural Technician/Technologist to their award-winning team based in Chelmsford on a full-time permanent basis.
For this role, successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, with the ability to inspire, influence and negotiate,
* A skill at making decisions, acting on own initiative and operating in a pro-active way,
* Strong report writing skills and experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients,
* Sufficient background knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to technical and operational requirements,
* Proficiency at producing accurate, detailed & precise drawings,
* Experience working on large-scale residential schemes, ranging from 10 units to 100+ unit developments for house builders,
* Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, knowledge of ArchiCAD desirable but not essential (in-house training offered where necessary).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Leading projects and the project team, guiding junior members of staff when necessary,
* Attending client meetings and carrying out site visits,
* Making planning and building regulation applications etc.,
* Dealing with statutory applications and having a good knowledge of current building legislation.
Although a large proportion of their workload is currently residential, this role also offers exposure to other sectors down the line including educational & healthcare. To apply for this varied and challenging position, please send through an up-to-date CV and work examples to Katie at Conrad Consulting to be considered. This role is an urgent requirement, therefore candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.