This award winning architectural practice has developed a strong client base and with a very busy pipeline of work now have an urgent need to add an Architectural Technician to join the team.
My client is a steadily growing practice with over 20 years’ experience and is continuing to develop progressively. The company work on a wide range of project types including leisure, education, retail, commercial, industrial, residential, community and Design & Build.
The role would initially involve working on a number of residential Projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- This role is for an Architectural Technician who will be reporting to the Director of the practice.
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Director or Associate in the preparation of sketch design schemes and outline specifications with presentation material as required.
- Ensure production of working drawings, specifications and schedules appropriate to the stage of the project.
- Under the direction of the Director or Associate, administer contracts on site, resolve site queries and prepare instructions, etc.
- Be fully conversant with current Building Regulations, NBS Specification and other relevant legislation.
- Assist in the preparation and co-ordination of project documentation and drawings for issue.
- Assist with, or carry out site surveys to establish existing dimensions of buildings or sites.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience running relevant UK projects from concept to completion
- Confident in working independently and within a team.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Background on working on residential projects would be highly beneficial.
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will be offered a salary of up to £32,500 depending on experience, plus pension.
The office is situated in Crawley and is recognised as one of the larger practices in the area. It is strategically situated in the Town Centre, with excellent transport links by road and rail enabling it to service projects throughout the South East and beyond. The company invest in their staff which is the key to their success. The company are recognised as an investor in people due to their continued staff training and development. Additionally, the company focus on having a good work-life balance and healthy office atmosphere