Architectural Design Director
We have an excellent opportunity for an Architectural Design Director to join a highly reputable property consultancy on a permanent basis in Manchester. Our client has a wealth of knowledge and experience providing architectural and property services to the education, commercial and residential sectors. As they are a growing company, they are seeking an enthusiastic Architectural Design Director to join their team of skilled professionals and assist with further business growth.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Overseeing design outputs, and ensuring they are of the highest quality
- Working with other Directors to promote design quality and consistency
- Ensuring appraisal processed are being implemented throughout the team
- Agreeing to, and implementing training and mentoring plans to develop in-house resources
- Identifying recruitment needs and assisting with the recruitment of new staff
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Ownership and implementation of all CDM requirements, and ensuring design risk reviews are undertaken
- Liaising with other company teams to ensure growth of the collective business by sharing initiatives, resources, opportunities and best practices
- Liaising with the Profit Centre Manager to review support requirements and update on current opportunities
- Developing the local client base through presentations, meetings and functions etc.
- Selecting appropriate opportunities in line with the office Business Plan, and in agreement with the Profit Centre Manager
- Bid submissions with the appropriate Sector Director or Executive Director
The required skills, experience and attributes for this role are:
- Chartered status
- Previously established as a Director at a large consultancy or Architectural Practice
- Extensive project experience within a variety of sectors
- Excellent us and understanding of relevant design software e.g. AutoCAD, Revit etc.
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Effective negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient problem solving abilities
- Good ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task
As well as a competitive salary, our client also offers a comprehensive benefits package including a contributory company pension scheme, car allowance/company car, personal health insurance and more.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on 02392 603033 or email Hannah.McMillan@Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12751HM. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ option and following the instructions.