Design Coordinator required for a Nationwide House Builder to work within their regional West Yorkshire base.
This role would suit perfectly someone who is either an Architectural Technician or a fully qualified Architect with some previous Residential experience ideally within a new build capacity.
The Design Coordinator will carry out site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigation of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The Design Co-ordinator will generally be given specific projects to run, either at the Design Stage or at Planning Approved Stage. They will then either prepare the working drawings and associated information that enables a site commencement or procure, co-ordinate/check and issue externally supplied information.
1. Co-ordinate the production of design information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective construction operation.
2. Produce, coordinate and submit planning applications and negotiate and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals.
3. Responsible for providing all necessary information to discharge planning conditions
4. Submit and co-ordinate Building Regulations applications & condition discharge.
5. Ensure that schemes are designed to high standards to suit building, marketing and economic considerations and be competitive in design terms: the schemes are to be produced within a time limit to suit programme deadlines and must take into account external factors e.g. Local Authority Planning/Highways Departments and Local Committees.
6. Coordinate and/or produce layouts and working drawings. Assist in the production of Technical and Design Reports for Land Appraisals.
7. Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
8. Advise Land Department on Technical viability of new sites
9. Ensure updated Group drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures.
10. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
11. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
12. Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales Departments and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
13. Produce and check sales and legal information.
14. Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so implementing change.
15. Assist the Design Manager in fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
16. Responsibility for the Sales / Legal set up meeting and associated documentation and checking and auditing of all plans & associated drawings/brochures.
17. Coordinate adoptions of open space areas and site exits.
Salary depending on experience £35,000 per annum + Car / Car allowance.
For further details please speak to James Jackson on 0113 4570074 or email your updated CV