We are currently working with an award-winning Architectural practice that is known in the area for their innovative designs & friendly team of passionate Architects. If the fast-paced city life has lost its charm and you're considering relocating to the idyllic county of Somerset, then this may be the vacancy for you. My client is looking for a passionate & determined Senior Architect with a wealth of industry experience to join and strengthen their existing team on a full-time permanent basis.
My client specialises in high-end residential design & refurbishment of historical buildings and will be looking for someone who will strive to continue their hard work. The successful candidate will be a strong all-rounder candidate with excellent design skills as well as good technical knowledge, with experience taking ownership of residential projects through all stages of works from initial design stages through to construction & completion with a flexible approach and willingness to work in a close team.
Candidates will possess the following in order to successfully fill this position:
* A minimum of 5 years' post Part III experience within an Architect/Senior Architect role, or if an experienced Part II a minimum of 10 years' experience,
* RIBA or ARB registered, with experience & a strong knowledge of working within the UK planning & building regulation system,
* Experience running & taking full ownership of projects with a small team of Assistants & Technicians, successfully managing resources & your team effectively & efficiently,
* Experience working directly with the client, contractor & design team,
* Excellent interpersonal skills, along with presentation skills, both verbally and through writing/drawing,
* Ability to cope with change e.g. to brief, programme or role, managing to work effectively within your team to deliver tight deadlines on time & on budget,
* Relevant UK project experience (high-end residential/historical),
* Experience of using Vectorworks, SketchUp & NBS Building software advantageous, however training will be given as necessary.
This is a lucrative opportunity for an ambitious Architect looking to take the next step in their career. This practice offers a competitive salary, a good benefits package & the opportunity to proceed into senior management with a bonus scheme in the future. If this exciting position is of interest to you, please send through an up to date CV and portfolio of relevant work samples through to Katie at Conrad Consulting to be considered. A full job description will be provided to suitable applicants.