We are pleased to be working with a stylish and forward-thinking practice located just outside of Letchworth Garden City to find them an experienced Architectural Technician/Technologist to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Being rurally based in Hertfordshire, they undertake an extensive range of bespoke residential and commercial projects throughout the county and in London with a strong ethos for delivering building of quality.
Due to continuous growth within the business, they now seek to add an enthusiastic and project-focused Architectural Technician/Technologist with ideally around 10 years of post-qualification experience to their talented and enterprising team. Applicants should have a strong background of relevant UK project experience, particularly within the residential and commercial sectors, along with experience dealing directly with clients & contractors and running multiple projects simultaneously. Proficiency with AutoCAD is absolutely essential and those with existing Revit skills will be at an advantage, however training will be provided where necessary following successful completion of your probationary period.
For this role, successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, with the ability to inspire, influence and negotiate,
* A skill at making decisions, acting on own initiative and operating in a pro-active way,
* Strong report writing skills and experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients,
* Sufficient background knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to technical and operational requirements,
* Proficiency at producing accurate, detailed and precise drawings,
* Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential with Revit experience desirable but not essential (training provided).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Leading projects and the project team, guiding junior members of staff when necessary,
* Producing and presenting design schemes for various sector commissions that include largely commercial or residential projects,
* Making planning and building regulation applications etc,
* Dealing with statutory applications and have a good knowledge of current building legislation.
My client is offering the successful Architectural Technician/Technologist a competitive salary and generous benefits package, plus Revit training! If you are looking to improve your skills in this software but are struggling to find a role offering support, this is an ideal opportunity to learn. If you would like to apply for the position, please send through your up to date CV and portfolio of work examples to Katie at Conrad Consulting to be considered.