Senior Residential Interior Designer
This firm is a consistently produces elegant, sophisticated design which has gained them the interest from UK and international clientele.
They are looking for a senior designer with a minimum of 7 years experience, UK experience would be advantageous. A degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture is essential along with projects of varying scale in the high-end residential and commercial sectors.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative and come with a strong work history at leading design firms. Evidence of leading projects from conception to completion in accordance with the client's brief is essential. This is a client facing role and so the candidate must be confident in delivering design proposals and liaising with clients. This is in addition to working proficiently individually and within a team.
Experienced at dealing with:
- Clients in a highly professional manner.
- Contractors and other specialists.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, EstiPC and Adobe Creative Suite range.
- Excellent design, presentation and graphics skills with proven experience delivering high-end, luxury interior design projects.
- Excellent production of design documentation including providing leading interior package documentation with technical drawing from AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of current building regulations, technical/structural build details and tender packages.
- Extensive experience of space planning and electrical layouts.
- Experience in FF&E procurement, including sourcing, management of suppliers and very good knowledge of materials and bespoke fabrication.
- Strong experience and understanding for managing project budgets and timelines, including the build aspect and FF&E using EstiPC.
- Experience of bathroom and kitchen design.
- Experience in the design of bespoke furniture.
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Experience of managing a team and individuals with the ability to manage and delegate to junior members of the design team.
- Understanding of the principals of CDM and Principal Designer as per the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Communicating effectively with other Senior Designers, the Studio Director and Owner.
- Self-motivated focus to achieve project deadlines.
- Liaise with Clients directly to ascertain their goals, visions, likes and dislikes.
- Creating and presenting design schemes.
- Project manage the design process, materials, contractors and suppliers through from concept to completed and approved installation, ensuring that time is appropriately managed and deadlines met.
- Cost each refurbishment project and ensure these are completed within budget.
- Produce schedules for building, electrical and bespoke joinery packages.
- Oversee production and manage drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Build and maintain effective supplier and contractor relationships to ensure progress and the highest of standards of work.
- Management of necessary building sites and coordinating works on site.
- Site installation and completion as well as working with building contractors.
- Manage and delegate to junior members of the design team.
- Communicate progress, problems and any other relevant design or project information effectively to and with other Senior Designers, the Studio Director and Owner.
Apply for Senior Residential Interior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly