Senior Planning Consultant (Policy)
Career defining opportunity for an ambitious planning professional looking to join a respected consultancy
Your new company
A UK leader in providing business process management and integrated professional support service solutions across property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development management and planning policy and consultancy services.
Well respected and rapidly expanding in the boom of the Northern Powerhouse, this is a destination for ambitious individuals looking to further their career in a nurturing and expansive environment.
Your new role
This is a pivotal and vital role within the successful planning team based out of Manchester, covering the whole northern regions for policy and consultancy planning. You will be in a client facing position, leading teams of Planners and responsible for providing advice and consultations on a wide range of policies and developments:
- Local Planning Policy commissions assisting our client Local Authorities to deliver aspects of their Local Plans.
- Assisting in the delivery of our expert witness offer for appeals.
- Consultancy services for public and private sector clients including site appraisals; planning application; and making representations on Local Plans and other planning documents.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours
What you'll need to succeed
You must be MRTPI with several years' experience of working with policies and developments in the private and public sectors, and demonstrable relationships with relevant local authorities. You must be able to manage teams, client and authority relationships, as well as develop new and lasting partnerships with contacts throughout the industry.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting time to be joining one the UK's leading organisations and planning providers, giving you the opportunity to develop and expand your skills and knowledge base, offering you endless progression. A competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits package is also on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.