Project Controller | 6 Month Contract
A widely-published global architecture practice renowned for their design-focused and innovative projects are currently seeking a Project Controller for a 6-month fixed-term contract to provide administrative and strategic support to ensure the efficient management of projects.
- Quality control & document management
- Create the Project Quality Plan and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Ensure a filing protocol is developed and adhered to across the team with sufficient training provided, this includes the online project document management systems, ‘Sharepoint’ and ‘Projectwise’ .
- Ensure all key documents are filed correctly and accessible for all.
- Ensure the online document issue procedures are adhered to for the cad files. Assist with drawing issue/ approval procedures.
- Meeting schedules. Where appropriate prepare agendas and record minutes.
- Record keeping - Manage change control, track changes to the brief, record variations and assist with calculating any relevant fees.
- Fee management. Working closely with the finance department and project manager, assist with monitoring cash flow, forecasting resourcing costs and developing fee proposals.
- Collate, check and input all staff timesheet information into the project financial tracker as required by project.
- Contract management. Assist with ensuring the appointment is closed out and executed. Familiarise yourself with the project appointment and deliverables. Provide support and advice to the team to ensure they meet deliverables.
- Assist with managing sub-consultant appointments, recording and issuing relevant LOA’s and fees where applicable.
- Communication - Promote effective communication amongst the team, with the client and sub consultants. Ensure communications matrix is adhered to and kept up to date. Ensure project contacts are added to the workspace project page and kept up to date.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Excellent Microsoft Excel is a must. Knowledge of Power Bi, Microsoft Project is a bonus.
- Organised, methodical and process driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and reliable.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to use initiative
- Due to exposure to highly confidential information, confidentiality and discretion is of the upmost importance.